Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Another amazing week in Raymond!

It was a jammed-packed week, we taught a lot and saw a lot of miracles, and I even lost my voice in the process. ha! I have been battling a cold since I have gotten here to Raymond and lost my voice on Thursday morning. It's not fun, but I have almost gotten it all back.

So starting with Tuesday, we had a lesson with X and it was a roller coaster ride ha. We talked about some of his questions and taught him about the Apostasy and Joseph Smith. We set a baptismal date for the 19th of March! It will take a lot of work to get him there, but it is possible. We had a great dinner with some non-members and then we had a good lesson. We watched Finding Faith in Christ, but towards the end of the lesson some of the member's family came downstairs and it threw everything off.... it was frustrating.

Wednesday was another great day as well. We had a lesson with Z who isn't a member and lives with his son and family who are very active and great members. Z is a gourmet chef and cooks some amazing food. We had a great first lesson with him and we are going over there again on Thursday this week!

So now we are at the point in the week where I lost my voice and it was not fun at all because if I need anything on my mission, it is my voice... so for most of the day my talking was minimal. But Thursday we had awesome lessons at two different investigators. The Spirit was strong at both lessons. At one of the families the mom is out of town for a couple weeks, but we met with the kids and the husband. He is not interested but is cool with us teaching the kids.

Friday I went to Magrath for exchanges with Elder Heap (yes he is related to the Heaps from Mesa), who is from San Diego and plays volleyball for BYU. It was a fun day. The main highlight of the day was that I was driving down a farm road on ice and I slid right into ditch haha. I had to be pulled out by a member. We were in so deep, I could barely open the car door.

Saturday and Sunday were also great days with many miracles. We got five different investigators to church and and some more amazing lessons. I wish I could explain them all to ya but I have run out of time. It was an amazing week and to give you a preview of what is to come this week, we have two baptisms lined up for this weekend. Also we are going to Calgary to see Elder D. Todd Christofferson, so I will fill you in on what happens!! Love you all and have a great week!!

Love
Elder Moore

No comments: