Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

How goes it everyone?

Well after some bland weeks, things finally started to pick up and some fun stuff as well! To start off the week, we were just doing the normal stuff... teaching a few members and still trying to get to know some members. Then on Thursday we got a call from the Parkland Elders (my first area) to go on exchanges and teach a lady who lives in Woodbine. So I went with Elder Snell to Parkland and taught an English lady who is way solid and has a huge desire to learn more. We taught her the first half of the first lesson, but we didn't get through all of it because she had to go. We did give her a baptismal date for the 21st of August! Unfortunately, she didn't come to church. We have to teach her the importance of attending her meetings ha. Her daughter might also be interested! In addition, we got a call from a guy who wants to be taught and is the grandson of a lady in Evergreen. The work is really taking off!

On Friday, I got to meet Linda and Clark Eikenberry (hope I spelled that right). I got the package and we visited for a little bit. She showed me pics of Grant by their fish pond ha! I miss that little guy!

On Saturday, there was a Stampede breakfast in Braeside (they have these things all over the city during the Stampede). It is a community in the Evergreen ward and about 1,500 people showed up to it. We helped set it up and take down. During the breakfast we had a special guest show up to flip pancakes and turn sausage. It was the PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA!!!!!! I have pics but I forgot them this week, so I will send some next week. Anyway, he was a way nice guy and it was sweet to see him in person. Right before he left, six of us got to take a picture with him. He was way cool with us. So that was my week! Definitely a lot more going on this week! (Editor's note: Here is a link if you want to take a look at Stephen Harper, the PM, serving breakfast...http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmwebphotos/4780890515/in/set-72157624466378564/)

I love you all!!!

No comments: