Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 30, 2010

Hi all,

This last week we gave some great 7-day challenges. One of the challenges we gave was to one of the ward missionaries we work with. At first their reaction was "Oh, I don't know any nonmembers", etc. They went on for about 5 minutes and then finally told us about a lady they were holding furniture for. The lady is going through a rough time in her life and they were thinking just the other day that she could really use the Gospel in her life! So I will let you know how that turns out. Another challenge we gave to a bishop. They are working with a friend and also their neighbor, so we are praying some teaching opportunities come from it.

Last Sunday was "Missionary Sunday" in the Evergreen ward. Elder Greenwell and I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting and also sang with the choir. I spoke on missionary work and examples of members doing missionary work.

This is the last full week of this transfer. I could either be staying or going. Who knows? I have only been here for 2 transfers, but I have been with Elder Greenwell for both so if I stay I will probably be getting a new companion. This Sunday our district is putting on a Music and the Spoken Word fireside. Elders Newman and Farnsworth (from Mesa) will be singing and the rest of us will be giving talks and what not. We are marketing it really well and are hoping for a good turnout and that members invite their friends to it.

I am glad to hear Aunt Kennedy is doing well and we are still praying for her.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about zone conference...we had it last Thursday and it we had some really great trainings from President and the assistants. At the end of the conference, they showed us a video fro the 90's of the BYU choir singing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". It was amazing and every one's eyes were wet. The Church is true!

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments: