Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 10, 2011

Greetings from the Frozen Tundra of Alberta,

Transfers have come and gone and I am still in Medicine Hat but now I have a new companion. His name is Elder Chamberlin, he is from Draper, UT and has been out 21 months. Serving with him will be lots of fun and we will work hard, even though he is 21 months out and might be getting trunky. Just kidding! It won't effect me that much... I hope haha. I still have a long ways to go ha.

So for transfers we drove to from Medicine Hat to Lethbridge which is about a 2 hour drive. Transfers are fun because you get to see missionaries that you haven't seen in a long time. So I said my goodbyes to Elder Stevens (he went to Calgary in the west stake). Before we left back to the Hat, we ate at Tony Roma's and a random member paid for all of us...a total of 8!! It was amazing.

On Wednesday, the Zone Leaders' catalytic converter went out, and they needed a car because they live 10 mintues out of town and cover all of the Hat with the Young Single Adults. So now we don't have the car. The weather's been nice lately...no snow and mild. But now that we don't have a car the great weather disappears and then comes the deep freeze and a blizzard..... it has been snowing since Saturday at noon. Right now it is light snow, but it is stinkin' cold and it is only going to get colder....Gotta love these Canadian winters!!!!

Crazy about Uncle Russ... how did he feel being on the other side of the medical practice? (Russ had his appendix out) Well tell him to get better and I love him. It's amazing how much Grant has grown up since I left.

Yeah. I heard about the shootings in Tucson. Crazy stuff... another black eye on AZ. Ever since I have come up here all I have heard is negative talk about AZ. First, the housing market, then the immigration bill, how we are killing people in need of transplants, and now the shootings!! Maybe things will calm down by September.

Well I love you all and have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Hayden Moore

No comments: