Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Family,
My Last Email as a Missionary......
Just a quick note on our area and what happened this week. This was a week of me saying good bye and getting ready to head out. Yesterday we found out that Elder Hansen is getting transferred to BC, so it will be a brand new set of missionaries in this area. He and some of the members are kind of bummed that both of us are gone.

Man, this last week went by soooo fast!!! My mission went by sooo fast!!!

This Church is TRUE!!!! Over the course of these two years, I have had experiences to where I cannot deny the truthfulness of this Gospel. I will miss this work. I will miss the special spirit that a Mission brings. Just recently, teaching S, J, and O, I have come to fully realize that the Gospel works miracles in peoples' lives and that the light and direction that it brings is truly amazing. Another truth that has been close to my heart is that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it the best gift that has been given to us in our lives. We as a mission have been studying the Atonement and have been putting a focus on it in our studies and man you can go on forever learning about the Atonement and trying to understand the full measure that it can have in our lives. Did I say that a mission is AMAZING?? Because it is! This is what I needed and it is what every worthy and able young man needs to do! It helped me grow in ways that would not have happened unless I went on a mission. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and the fullness of the everlasting Gospel was restored through him. I know that Thomas S. Monson is who leads and guides this Church today. I am so excited for General Conference, as as a missionary you gain a love for hearing the messages they share with us and I am looking forward to what will be said on the next couple weeks. Well this is my final send off! I love you all and thank you so much for all the support and love that you have given me over these two years. I will be seeing you Thursday!!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Hayden Moore

No comments: