Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 6, 2011


Family,
Man you guys are TRUNKY!!! hah
Well, we had a busy week teaching and getting our investigators ready for baptism this Friday and Saturday. The baptism on Friday is going to be S and her son J, and on Saturday its going to be XXXX ( I will send pics). We just started teaching J on Saturday with his Mom.  He is just 14 and is a way smart kid. Things are going well in this area, but we need to find more people to teach because once they are baptized our teaching pool is going to be zero. ha. Teaching S&J has been such an amazing experience.  They are going through some rough times and they can already see the Gospel blessing their lives, and giving them comfort and direction. The Church is true!!!!
We as a mission have not really done much tracting by contacting people on the street, but we are trying to get out of this bad habit that we have gotten into with not talking to everyone.  That is something that the mission is pushing lately.  Not tracting per se, but making sure that we are talking to everyone. Also this last week we had a specialized training on the second lesson on how we can teach it better.  It was a great training, but the trunky part was that they had the three of us that are going home in a couple weeks stand and bear our testimonies. It has not really hit me yet that I am coming home in a couple weeks.... I guess it will at some point, so it felt weird. This is a great work and I will be sad to leave it!! My companion is keeping me in line ha and I'm trying not to "trunk" him out too bad. He has about 10 months left. Things are going great! The weather is amazing and so is the work!

I love you all and miss you and we'll be seeing you in a couple weeks!!!
Elder Moore

No comments: