Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7, 2010

Hey! Well this last week flew! It was busy because of General Conference, interviews on Monday, then Zone Conference yesterday! General conference was great and there were some very good talks. The spirit is always nice at conference, especially if you're at the church watching it. Interviews on Monday were good as well. Prez was asking what we learned during our crazy month of March. We got 62 baptisms! I know it's not 100, but that's higher than the 60 this mission got back in 1970! We, as a mission, are just being more bold. We are giving a firm baptismal commitment every lesson with an investigator and we also have some great programs for working with members on finding someone for us to teach in 7 days! Well what I told him was that by putting my faith in the Lord and making my mission belong to the Lord that he will bless us so much! Even though I didn't get a baptism, I am still changed from a normal missionary to being a hard working one. I will have no regrets when I'm done. Zone conference was also very inspiring. The trainings on how to teach and the role playing that we did were good. I learned a lot about how to teach more effectively and ask better questions when teaching investigators. The work in our area is going to take off soon, we have given a 7-day challenge and probably will see results come from it. There are also a few people that are on the brink of being new investigators. So keep praying for us!!

Lately, a typical day consists of us trying to go around to all the members in both wards and trying to get to know them, and then setting up appointments to teach a lesson to them. By doing this we get to know the members and also gain their trust for us to teach one of their friends! We are trying to get 20 lessons a week and last week we had 15, so we are getting close. Also, we have a car Mon-Thurs and we walk Fri-Sun. Walking is not bad because the area is a lot smaller than my last one and it's also warmer now!! But it is constantly windy here like almost knock you over wind ha. Well I love you all! Miss you tons!!
Love
Elder Hayden Moore

No comments: