Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First P-Day!

Hey how's everything going? Just read all your emails, so I'll try to answer as many as i can. :) Well I woke this morning and looked outside and there is 3 inches of snow on the ground haha and its only October! But it's supposed to warm up this week. I'm happy to hear that because that will probably be the last warm weather I get for a few months! I am staying warm and layering up, so it's not that bad. The swine flu has hit up here and a few people in the area I know have gotten it (not missionaries). I'm washing my hands and trying to stay healthy! The cold weather isn't bothering anything so that's good.

Well so far its been rough when it comes to investigators. We had a big list of hopefuls, but that has been shrunk to only a few people and even that doesn't look so great. We are trying not to let it get to us and we are getting the members involved in missionary work as well. A lot are very willing to help out so the future does look bright!

Did you get my pictures? I have more I want to send. The mail here stinks and takes forever, so don't send any baked goods because they will go bad haha. Well my trainer is a good worker and he knows how to stay busy which is good because it makes time go by much faster. He is really easy to get along with and knows how to have fun which is good too.

Well for Thanksgiving we went to Pizza Hut with some members! haha Yeah, so no turkey for me. The members are feeding us well and the ward is awesome. Thanksgiving isn't nearly as big here as it is in the States. A lot of people just blow it off.

My mission president is a cool guy and has put the hammer down ...

Schedule for P-day: we are now emailing and after this we are going to do some shopping. Well I'm having fun and workin hard, but still missing home more than ever! I love you guys so much and miss you all! Write me soon!

Love,
Elder Hayden Moore

P.S. It's D&C 84:87-88

1 comment:

travel lover said...

I hope they find someone to teach soon so they don't get discouraged!
I'm certain that someone is waiting for Hayden to reach them.