Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Here!

Hey!

Well I arrived yesterday in Calgary! On our way from Denver to Calgary, the elders who were sitting behind me started talking with a guy in the next row and eventually all of us who were around him started talking to him. He was a really nice guy and was interested in reading the BOM so we gave him one and a Pass-Along card. When we got there we met Pres. and Sis. Archibald at the airport and from there we went to the mission home for some orientation. I was so tired yesterday…only running off of like 2 hours of sleep! After that we had dinner (which was really good and a welcome change from MTC food haha). Afterward we walked over to the church building to meet our trainers. So my first trainer is Elder Neal. He has been out a year and is a solid missionary. He is going to be good. My first area is the Calgary south zone and the Parkland Ward. It really hasn’t sunk in yet that I’m here. I feel like I’m in a daze and it’s not really happening. Haha. Tonight I have my first dinner appt! Then we are going to visit a potential investigator named John, so hopefully that goes well! We are living in a basement which is older but is good because we have our own "kitchen" ha and a room to study in.

Well it’s snowing already(!) and raining and is in the 30's or like 3C, so it’s chilly. I got my jacket today - a snowboard jacket that is triple layered. This is what all the other missionaries wear and the lady said that with some other layers it's good for -40F ha. It came out to like 230 bucks.

Well I’m here and safe! And happy to be here! I’m homesick (but I know that in a couple weeks I’ll be fine). I love you guys so much! Tell everyone I love them and miss them a lot. It was great getting to talk to you guys on the phone! But it did make me realize how much I miss you guys and love you. But this is the Lord’s work. I’m stoked to be getting started! I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and that this is my duty to serve the Lord to share it with the wonderful people of Calgary. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and he did see the Father and Son in the grove and they did speak to him telling him that a marvelous work was about to come forth among the children of men. Christ is my Savior and suffered in the garden and died for our sins on the cross. I know these things to be true. I love you all! Be safe and write me!

Love,
Elder Hayden Moore

4 comments:

Janquilts said...

It will be a great experience for all of us to keep up with Hayden's work in the mission field. I look forward to following this blog.

Unknown said...

WOW!! His testimony is so strong!! I am SO proud of this kid!! This blog is an awesome idea and thank you so much for letting us all share in his experiences and Spirit. We love you guys. Please know that Hayden is in our prayers every single day.

Ordinary Middle Class Dad said...

Fantastic! I am so proud of you! It is great that you already people to teach and referrals to go to. This is a great journey you are on and you are going to learn so much from your Father in Heaven. I wish I was young again and be able to be there with you. I'd love to serve the Lord alongside of you.

Keep warm, Brother Villescaz

Audrey said...

Wow! The feeling I had when he bore his testimony. He is going to be an awsome missionary.